Welcome to the CHEF: Church History for Everyday Folks! The primary goal of the CHEF network is to be a blessing to “regular folks” by enriching their knowledge and appreciation of the history of Christianity. This website helps to accomplish this goal in a variety of ways, including the following:
- By sharing and reflecting on news items that involve elements of church history
- By offering extended essays on the relevance of church history for various aspects of the modern world
- By curating collections of links for those who want to know more about various topics of common interest in church history
- By providing reviews of books that will be instructive for people who want to know more about church history
- By creating reading guides on some of the “classics” of Christian literature
- By providing curricula for people that want to teach/lead classes of their own regarding church history
Feel free to explore the site as you see fit. The banner above and the sidebar to the right offer many options for navigation. Further, there are opportunities in each post to share the ones that you like, and to interact via the comments section on all the posts. Also in the sidebar, you can use the link to follow the CHEF on Facebook, and to subscribe so that you see the latest posts in your email. Finally, if you’d like a humorous take on church history, you can follow the CHEF Tumblr account at churchhistoryforeverydayfolks.tumblr.com.